Friday, March 08, 2013

Ruthless Magnate, Convenient Wife by Lynne Graham

Ruthless Magnate, Convenient Wife (Pregnant Brides, #2) (Harlequin Presents, #2892)Ruthless Magnate, Convenient Wife (Pregnant Brides, #2) by Lynne Graham
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I found this book very charming. I guess I was just in the mood for it. Sergei comes off as ridiculously appealing, despite his flaws. This is one of those times that I can totally understand why the heroine has a hard time resisting the hero. He's got the powerful, billionaire who happens to be drop-dead gorgeous and has the sexy vibe down big time. And add on him being identifiably Russian.... He really is a sex bomb.

I really liked Alissa. She's a very sweet person. She does stand up for herself, but she's also a giving, caring person. I wanted her to get her sexy Russian billionaire, and he shows that he deserves her, which is even better.

The love scenes were sizzling, and the chemistry between Alissa and Sergei is off the charts. This is one of the books where the author just hits all the right notes for me. While I can't get over how evil Alissa's sister is, at least it doesn't wreck Alissa and Sergei's happy ending. And it was great to see Sergei's babuskha Yelena as well. Before, she was his only weakness and he adores her and would do anything for her. Now Alissa and their family adds a deeper dimension to Sergei's life. This reader loves to see a hard hero fall from an arrow through the heart.

Books like this are why I love Harlequin Presents. A quick, delicious helping of fairy tale romance. This is what Lynne Graham does best.

I have to give this one a high rating because I can't say that there was anything wrong with this book for me. Plus, I loved that I got to practice my Russian.

So, Five Stars!

View all my reviews

No comments: