Monday, March 07, 2011

Cave of Fire by Rebecca King

Cave of Fire by Rebecca King

My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars


The beautiful descriptions of the Central American rain forest were a huge part of the appeal for this book. They were very detailed and well-written, and they made me keep reading. This book had a bit of the "Romancing the Stone" appeal that I like in a exotic setting romance. The jerky, arrogant, rude, ill-mannered, at times verbally abusive hero was a strike against the story. I kept wondering when Dany was going to tell him to go to H.E.L.L. She was a lot more tolerant that he deserved. I have to say that at least he admitted to his jackassery at the end of the book, which is indeed something. Being the girl who can't part with a book that she likes for whatever bizarre reason, I'm going to keep this one, because I am a sucker for the survival/trek through the wilderness/living off the land storyline, the descriptions of the rain forest were so appealing, and I liked the end. I still think that Nick doesn't deserve Dany. She might be young and impulsive, but he's an a*hole, and since he's probably in his 30s, I think that's a lot worse than being young and immature. Let's hope that he stays true to his word and settles down to marriage and gives up his objectionably rude ways.



Overall rating: 3.5/5.0 stars.



View all my reviews

No comments: