Saturday, February 12, 2011

Their Convenient Marriage by Mary Lyons

Their Convenient Marriage (Harlequin Presents)Their Convenient Marriage by Mary Lyons

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


This book has been on my tbr pile so long, I finally decided I'd get it over and read it. I guess my instincts that made me put off reading it were correct. I was pretty underwhelmed from the beginning. It wasn't the fault of the hero Antonio, although he was pretty arrogant and kind of chauvinistic. It was Gina who got on my nerves. Although she considered herself mature and sophisticated, she didn't act the part. For a good-looking, rich, educated, blue-eyed blonde, who in her own words had lots of boyfriends and her share of lovers, she was awfully insecure. It became an enormous issue in her relationship with Antonio, almost destroying their marriage. She simply didn't have the capacity to trust him, despite the fact that he had never lied to her or treated her badly.

I don't DNF books that often, so I pushed through. I liked the reconciliation scene, that Gina swallowed her pride and apologized, but it was sad that she had to have confirmation that Antonio had not lied to her. I wish she had followed her heart and believed in him.

This was not a horrible book. It was just mediocre, and I don't really like to spend my time on books that are so-so, and rather underwhelming. At any rate, it's definitely not a keeper. Good news is that's one more book out of my tbr pile, and an empty space in my collection for a future keeper.



View all my reviews

No comments: