Wednesday, July 07, 2010

House of Glass by Michelle Reid

House of Glass (Harlequin Presents, #1615) House of Glass by Michelle Reid


My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Michelle Reid's books are usually very readable. This one is not an exception. However, I found Dane very unlikeable. He was mean and judgmental towards Lily from the get-go. He didn't like that he felt so strongly for her, and made her pay for it, especially since she was marrying his brother. Also, he didn't seem to see very well, as Lily told him. I figured out the truth very early on. I think Dane was caught up in his ideas of masculinity and machismo, and didn't see his brother for who he really was. His reaction to his brother's secret was somewhat distasteful. It didn't endear him to me. Also, I think his susceptibiilty to Lily made him want to blame her for everything, when she was really a victim, or a secondary accomplice to the dark secret that Daniel was keeping from his family. The only reason I didn't end up totally hating him was because he really did love Lily, although I think he did a lousy job of showing it. He doesn't really change much by the end of this story. He's still a hard-headed, 'stone-cold' alpha man type. I hope that his love for Lily softens him, and he becomes a more emotionally available man as the time passes. Well-written, but not a favorite by this author.

View all my reviews >>

No comments: