Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A Bride for His Majesty's Pleasure by Penny Jordan

A Bride for His Majesty's Pleasure (Mills & Boon Modern) (Modern Romance) A Bride for His Majesty's Pleasure by Penny Jordan


My rating: 3 of 5 stars
Man, I got so excited when I read the blurb for this book. Sadly, I was a bit blah about it. This is not a bad book. It's pretty good in fact, but it failed to come to life for me. I felt like there was way too much internal dialog, and too little action. Don't get me wrong, I love being inside the character's head, but I needed to have some 'doing' to go with it.

There were some parts I really liked. Such as the delayed wedding night. "Phew!" I guess he showed her what to do with her passionless sex to create the needed male heir. I also liked how he refused to have her bow down and kiss his feet at the wedding, as expected (I almost threw up in mouth on that part when she was supposed to that). My opinion of him was pretty good, but it went up significantly after that. I liked how their values were very similar although they didn't realize it at the time of the marriage.
Overall, I think Ms. Jordan (a long time favorite author in this line, although not as much now) did a great job with the royalty/arranged marriage theme, but this book needed to 'pop' more. I refuse to believe that it takes a jerk hero for these books to knock your socks off. So I hope that more authors in this line can use a 21st century man, but bring that "Wow" factor to these books. Nice book, all in all.

View all my reviews >>

No comments: