Wednesday, January 23, 2019

A Christmas Vow of Seduction by Maisey Yates

A Christmas Vow of Seduction (Princes of Petras, #1)A Christmas Vow of Seduction by Maisey Yates
My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars

I really did like that Zara was able to keep Andres on his toes and go head to head with him. He was a jerk and his behavior towards others were unconscionable. While I understand he had a rough childhood and acting out became a way to get attention, he's a grown man and he needs to act like it. There was a nice amount of angst and tension in this story and Zara and Andres had great chemistry. I think I would have enjoyed it more if Andres was a touch more likable. It's been a while, but I recall that Zara's backstory was tortured as well. I did feel a lot of sympathy for her and I wanted her to be loved the way she deserved. I liked Andres' colder older brother Kairos a lot, or let's say he intrigued me. I thought there was a story to be told about his marriage. It got me excited to read Kairos's story The Queen's New Year Secret, but I didn't like it as much as this one, sadly.

The good chemistry and the angsty storyline made it a 3.5 star read for me.


View all my reviews

No comments: