Thursday, June 23, 2016

Blackthorne's Bride by Shana Galen

Blackthorne's Bride (Misadventures in Matrimony, #3)Blackthorne's Bride by Shana Galen
My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars

I'm torn about this one. I loved the first two books, but I felt this one wasn't as well-plotted and and some of the events were a bit tangled. I did like the chemistry between Jack and Madeleine and I just plain love the camaraderie between Madeleine and her cousins. I've definitely read better historical romances, even by this author, but it was an entertaining read, and I did love how they both come to realize their feelings for each other and don't look back. The love scenes were nicely steamy. The mistaken wedding part was hilarious. What do you do when that happens? Hope for the best. I think it worked out the way it was supposed to, after all.

The suspense part was good. Jack truly had a wicked enemy and he shows up often enough to cause mega trouble. The conclusion is very satisfying, and I'm left to wonder if we'll ever see Ashley's book.

I'd have to give this 3.5/5.0 stars because it just doesn't measure up to the first two books in the series, No Man's Bride and Good Groom Hunting.

View all my reviews

No comments: