Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Lobo: Targets by Cullen Bunn, Jack Herbert

Lobo Vol. 1: Targets (The New 52)Lobo Vol. 1: Targets by Cullen Bunn
My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars

Not the Lobo I know from the animated DC-verse shows. This is a more streamlined, deadly serious and highly lethal Lobo. I like that this book gives the reader very complex backstory on Lobo, and a new mission that is beyond just getting his bounties. In this book, Lobo is a very deadly assassin, and he's on the trail of a group of killers who took the job of blowing up earth. He gets some reluctant partners along the way.

This has a lot of mayhem and violence in it. I picked this up on impulse, so I didn't have high expectations. It's diverting and well-written. I'm not that invested in Lobo as a character, and this book didn't change that. I might read more of these if my library has them.

Overall rating: 3.5/5.0 stars.

View all my reviews

No comments: