Monday, November 15, 2010

Dream Chaser by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Dream Chaser (Dark-Hunter, #14) (Dream-Hunter, #3)Dream Chaser (Dark-Hunter, #14) by Sherrilyn Kenyon

My rating: 4.5 of 5 stars


This was a fun book that I loved reading. I am glad that I enjoyed it much more than the last book in the series (Upon a Midnight Clear). I thought that Simone was one of the more fleshed out and interesting heroines, and definitely one of my favorites so far. I thought she was a great match for Xypher. Ms. Kenyon has not diverted from her uber-tortured hero mode with Xypher, but that's okay. She does the tortured hero very well. I liked how he was so surly and untrusting, and how Simone slowly taught him to trust and to open his heart to her, since his first love betrayed him, and led him to being doomed to torture for an eternity in the underworld by Hades.



I liked the new direction that Ms. Kenyon is opening up, with the various subplots, including the charonte and gallu demons. I'm excited to see where she is going with this. Jaden is also a very interesting new character. He's evil, but kind of good at the same time. I also liked Jesse, Simone's ghostly friend. He died in the 80s, so he is stuck in that time period, culturally. I loved all the 80s pop culture references that Jesse would make. He was a good secondary character; along with Tate, who is an ME and Dark-Hunter Squire, who calls on Simone's expertise when he gets a murder that seems to be supernatural in origin.



This book really hit the spot, and it's reinvigorated my interest in the ongoing Dark-Hunter series. I am so excited that I can finally read Acheron now!



Overall rating: 4.5 out of 5.0 stars.



View all my reviews

2 comments:

Mariya said...

Hey, Danielle.
Mariya here from goodreads. Great review. I haven't tried any of Sherrilyn Kenyon's books yet, but I think I'll give her a try. =)

Mariya @ Mystifying Paranormal Reviews

Danielle said...

Thanks, Mariya. I like Sherrilyn Kenyon a lot. I do recommend you giving her a try.