Monday, April 05, 2010

Jason Dark-Ghost Hunter: Demon's Night (Volume 1)

Jason Dark - Ghost Hunter: Demon's Night (Volume 1) Jason Dark - Ghost Hunter: Demon's Night by Guido Henkel



What a delightful story. As a fan of the Victorian setting in horror, I had a lot of fun reading this story. Jason Dark is a great new hero for me. This urbane, kind gentleman is brave enough to take on a demon with the power to tear him to shreds. He's a ghosthunter with an arsenal to make a lover of arcane artifacts and gadgets very happy. And he's got the coolest sword. I'm jealous of that sword. I really am. This short story is full of action, barely slowing down once it gets started. Although not really scary, it did have some tense moments, and wonderful, cinematic atmosphere. And Mr. Henkel gets points for having a heroine who is a formidable warrior in her own right, Sui Lin, who is of Chinese heritage.

I can say one thing. I'd love to read more by this author. Are you running short of classic horror short stories or novels to read? Check this one out. It has the elements that make such fare so appealing. Fans of Sherlock Holmes, occult detectives, and classic action-adventure/pulp fiction with supernatural elements, be sure to check out Jason Dark-Ghost Hunter: Demon's Night.

Overall rating 4.5 out of 5.0 stars .

View all my reviews >>

No comments: