Monday, September 14, 2009

Dark Demon by Christine Feehan

Dark Demon (Carpathians, #16) Dark Demon by Christine Feehan


My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Wow, this book takes the story to another level by introducing the mage storyline. As if the Carpathian series wasn't intricate enough. I found it hard to follow some of the mage aspects, yet I was sucked in. Not only that, Natalya was one seriously kickbutt heroine. She was a total badass with all her weapons. A girl after my own heart. She even has a sword. I just loved how she jumped into the fray, guns blazing, sword swinging, and flinging knives. The part where she fights the shadow warrior in her room at the inn.... Just fantastic. This book would make a great movie!

Vikirnoff, what can I say? I loved him. He was definitely a sexy, manly hero, but he could respect his strong woman, although she wasn't what he envisioned for his mate. Although he got frustrated because she wouldn't sit back and let him protect her, he admired her at the same time. I liked how she saved his life numerous times, and yet he also saved hers. They were a great match. And boy, the chemistry was off the charts. Great love scenes, if I may say so.

I'm a little confused on how things all tie together with Razvan, Xavier, and the master vamps' master plan, but I'm going to keep reading to see where things go with this storyline. I couldn't quit this series if I wanted to. Something about these Carpathians. They are just in my blood (no pun intended).

It was cool to see some of the other Carpathians show up with their lifemates. I haven't read a handful of the books, so my interest was perked in seeing some of the Carpathians I wasn't introduced to. It was totally awesome as all get out how Mikhail went all Highlander (if you watch the show or movies you know what I mean) on the vamps. That was a rocking cool scene. They had a knockdown drag out that really kept me on the edge of my seat. Like I said, I'm totally voting for this one to be made into a movie (by the right director, of course).

I was really glad that I enjoyed this book, since I definitely got intrigued with Vikirnoff from his appearances in Dark Secret and Dark Destiny. He has lived up to my expectations, as Natalya has. She is probably my favorite lifemate now, which is tough to say because I love so many of these ladies.

Great job on this one, Ms. Feehan.

View all my reviews >>

No comments: