Monday, January 26, 2009

Be With You by Marie Rochelle

If you like Diana Palmer, but also love interracial romances, you'd like this book. It has the hero running as hard as he can, but trying to seduce the heroine on the other hand thing that Diana Palmer does so well. Having said that, I believe that Rochelle has her own unique style that shines through. She seems like a real romantic at heart to me. A reason why I like her books.
I would have rated it higher, but Rally is such a knucklehead about Sage not being Native-American. It was kind of silly, since she grew up with him in his household. He was attracted, and deep down loved Sage, but he had real issues about preserving the Native American heritage. He even had a Native American woman picked out to marry but he clearly didn't love. At the same time, he felt jealous and possessive toward Sage, and was livid when he thought she had slept with another man.
Also ***spoiler warning**** I don't think that Sage should have slept with Rally and then went off with the intent to marry his friend. That felt dishonest to me. I didn't think it was fair to her fiance. I think she was trying to move on with her life, but her fiance didn't deserve to be snuck around on, and with his best friend.
It was my first book by Rochelle and I enjoyed reading it. The chemistry was pretty hot but it had an old-fashioned love story in it's way (hence the Diana Palmer comparison). I like the combination because I am pretty vanilla when it comes to sex, but I like steamy vanilla sex in my romances. It was refreshing because I ran into issues where there were ebooks that were way too erotic for my tastes. So I am glad that they also have sweeter ebooks out there.
Like a lot of the smaller-press ebooks, it did have some editing issues, but they weren't so bad that it made it hard to read. I look forward to reading more of her books.

PS I didn't post a picture of the cover because it's very racy.

No comments: